The day I got home from Idaho we all put our Chris' Miracle bracelets on, we sent this picture to Camie. We've been praying for baby Chris and the Taylor family since the day we found out little Chris had heart issues. I feel like it has helped our family grow, we all remembered him in every prayer said out loud in our home. Even Kinley would bless baby Chris in all her prayers, the faith of a little child is miraculous. We knew baby Chris would be making his entrance soon.
love.
He was born the next friday August 21st, 2015. The whole day camie was in labor we were anxious, I would go back and forth between being excited for them and then nervous. When we got the first pictures of him I got tears in my eyes, Chris and I both were so very excited to see him. Came kept us updated but they hadn't seen him because he was getting tests done. We knew we would be leaving first thing the next morning to go up to Primary Children's hospital to be with the family.
we got to the hospital saturday afternoon, we all instantly felt better being there with all of Chris' family.
meeting baby Chris! I love this, both of the Christophers!
I was so excited to go see him. Chris' spirit was unreal, I felt like I could have held him all night. He has the sweetest demeanor and was making the cutest little sounds.
Grandpa.
Such perfect features!
loving grandparents.
these two cuties! waiting in the playroom.
Kinley was in HEAVEN. She loved the playroom.
Josie is amazing, like I've said before. She is such a sweetie and so tentative to kinley.
Since Paul is in Afghanistan we stayed in his house, the next morning we went to breakfast.
Sweet E
The next morning we picked out a present for Chris and flowers for camie. Kin was excited to go back to "see baby chris." Even though she wasn't allowed in the CICU, she LOVED the playroom!
Camie was so sweet, even though she had just had a baby and was dealing with everything going on she still made a point to love on Kinley and have conversations with us when she could.
Best cousins.
so cute!
he loves taking pictures with me. :)
...so much!
love him like crazy.
Camie came into the playroom to update the family, the news wasn't good and we all cried with her. Poor Zack was having a hard time, Chris went to sit with him and chat I wanted to paste onto my blog Camie's words about the situation:
"When we got to the toy room Zack was still struggling. He went over and sat alone, trying to process everything. I watched him. Then Chris went over and sat by him. I sat there and cried, so thankful someone could reach Zack. Chris sat and talked to him for a while and when Zack walked away he felt so much better. It was so hard seeing Baby Chris go through so much but it was just as hard seeing Chris' big brother, Zack, heart broken at the thought of saying goodbye to his baby brother. So thankful for this awesome little brother of mine who ALWAYS knows exactly what to say to my son to make him feel better. I love that Chris took the time to see Zack needed him and went right over to him. Later I asked Zack what he and Chris had talked about. Zack showed me a yarn bracelet Chris had made for him. At one time it was a long string. Chris tied a knot in the string and showed it to Zack and said that the knot represented 100 years. He told Zack if he lived to be 100 that would show the time that he wasn't with Chris but that all the rest of the string represented eternity and that was the time that we would get to be with Chris. Then he asked Zack if he wanted to keep the yarn and Zack did so Uncle Chris made a bracelet for him to keep. Zack tells the story to everyone. It has brought him so much comfort, along with everyone else in our family. We are so thankful we know families can be together forever."
The orange yarn is Zack's bracelet.








No comments:
Post a Comment