Chris passed away on August 27th, 2015. When we received the news we were actually headed to get ice cream with the girls Chris and I. Chris and I teared up as we talked about how grateful we are for forever families and how our hearts ached for the Taylor family. It was a tender moment and I was grateful to have a teaching moment with Kinley even if she doesn't quite understand, the spirit was there though.
Chris had the most beautiful funeral, I only took pictures at the graveside. Chris gave a talk at the funeral and he did an amazing job. He always amazes me how he can speak so eloquently.
They said anyone could bring a flower to rest on Chris' casket, Kin wanted to go put one on. We waited until his siblings had a chance and we let her go put a flower on.
one flower.. turned into a lot of flowers from all the kids!
I loved watching Camie and Rick, they both smiled as they watched the kids pick all the flowers off Chris' wreath and lay them on his casket. Chris and I both leaned over and talked about how Rick and Camie were so sweet to let the kids pick all his flowers and lay them down. I knew they wouldn't have it any other way. Their strength is inspiring.
I think they picked every flower and leaf. :)
pouring the Kanab sand into Chris' grave
the girls waiting patiently.
I can't help but feel a strong connection with Chris, not only because he shares the same name with my husband but because I feel that him and Ellie would have been the best of friends. I have no doubt that they will have the opportunity to be best friends. Baby Chris will always be remembered in our home, Chris and I have both talked about how much this experience has strengthened our testimonies leaps and bounds. I don't know if i've ever felt this spirit as strong as I have when Rick blessed baby Chris, and it's been so inspiring as we have watched the Taylor family face this trial first hand with so much faith. I know I personally have learned so much and baby Chris has helped me put a lot of the things into perspective that I have been struggling with. We love you baby Chris!
Christopher's obituary:
Christopher Evan Taylor
Cedar City, Utah
Our precious little angel came to earth, obtained his mortal body, forever impacted our lives, filled our hearts with love, bound tighter together his immediate and extended families, and departed much too soon to return to live with our Heavenly Father.
Christopher Evan Taylor was born on August 21, 2015, in Salt Lake City, Utah, the son of Richard Evan and Camille Heaton Taylor of Cedar City, Utah. He graduated from mortality on August 27, 2015, at his home in Cedar City, Utah, due to a congenital heart condition.
His sweet spirit and the much too brief time we spent with him will forever influence and bless our lives. We are eternally grateful for him and the knowledge that we can be a forever family.
Baby Chris, who shares his name with 2 of his uncles, leaves behind his loving parents, Rick and Camie, who exhausted all medical options possible to extend his life and then humbly submitted their will to that of God and said "Thy will be done."
Chris is survived by his siblings, Josephine (age 10), Zachary (age 9), Ella (age 7), Graham (age 5), and Amelia (age 3), of Cedar City, Utah.
His grandparents, Wayne C. and Myra Lucille Hansen Taylor, of Salt Lake City, Utah, and Fred Kirk and Carol Graf Heaton, of Kanab, Utah, also survive Baby Chris.
He is survived by numerous aunts and uncles, most of whom were able to meet Chris during his brief sojourn in mortality, and 50 cousins.
Funeral services will be held in the Westview Stake Center Chapel, 2610 West Cody Drive, Cedar City, Utah, on Wednesday, September, 2, 2015 at 11:00 AM. Interment will be in the Cedar City Cemetery under the direction of Southern Utah Mortuary.
Cedar City, Utah
Our precious little angel came to earth, obtained his mortal body, forever impacted our lives, filled our hearts with love, bound tighter together his immediate and extended families, and departed much too soon to return to live with our Heavenly Father.
Christopher Evan Taylor was born on August 21, 2015, in Salt Lake City, Utah, the son of Richard Evan and Camille Heaton Taylor of Cedar City, Utah. He graduated from mortality on August 27, 2015, at his home in Cedar City, Utah, due to a congenital heart condition.
His sweet spirit and the much too brief time we spent with him will forever influence and bless our lives. We are eternally grateful for him and the knowledge that we can be a forever family.
Baby Chris, who shares his name with 2 of his uncles, leaves behind his loving parents, Rick and Camie, who exhausted all medical options possible to extend his life and then humbly submitted their will to that of God and said "Thy will be done."
Chris is survived by his siblings, Josephine (age 10), Zachary (age 9), Ella (age 7), Graham (age 5), and Amelia (age 3), of Cedar City, Utah.
His grandparents, Wayne C. and Myra Lucille Hansen Taylor, of Salt Lake City, Utah, and Fred Kirk and Carol Graf Heaton, of Kanab, Utah, also survive Baby Chris.
He is survived by numerous aunts and uncles, most of whom were able to meet Chris during his brief sojourn in mortality, and 50 cousins.
Funeral services will be held in the Westview Stake Center Chapel, 2610 West Cody Drive, Cedar City, Utah, on Wednesday, September, 2, 2015 at 11:00 AM. Interment will be in the Cedar City Cemetery under the direction of Southern Utah Mortuary.
Thank you Chris for being our son. You have blessed our lives. Through the sacred sealing ordinances of the temple we look forward to a future time when we can continue our relationships with you as your parents and your brothers and sisters.





















I love your post :)
ReplyDelete