Friday, June 16, 2017

California couples trip

we had been planning a CA trip for months with these awesome friends of ours! Everything kind of fell into place and we were all really excited to go on a vacation together. The Taylors were so awesome and didn't even hesitate to say yes when we asked about watching the girls. Camie is a life savor and we never once worried about them, it was just what we needed. We left on a tuesday and stayed the night in Vegas, we went to top golf and stayed out way too late. The next day we traveled to California and got there with plenty of daylight. We walked along the beach while the guys ran to the grocery store to stock up the fridge for the week. I love these girls so much, I can't even begin to say how much they've blessed my life. They truly are the best friends I could have ever asked for and I feel so fortunate that somehow we all ended up living in the same town. They're the best. 

there were so many shells!

Chris and I went for a little stroll, we just walked and chatted. We both mentioned numerous times how much our girls would love being there, but we were so grateful for the time we got to be together and alone. It's always great to reconnect with not many distractions. 

Chris skim boarding... the beach makes me so happy! I could sit there all day without any problems. 


the sunsets were so awesome every night. pictures don't do it justice. 

love him so much. 

the next day the boys boogy boarded and the girls sat and soaked up the sun.






chris 

he was entertaining to watch 



mikelle and i found a bird tangled up in a fishing line, it couldn't move. So i went to find someone to help us help the bird. :)


Chris and I LOVED getting pictures and Camie sent a ton to us. It was reassuring and they had never looked cuter. :) The girls did great and I don't think they were even ready to come home. :) 

we went out for all you can eat sushi, this restaurant was amazing. 


Chris' crepe 

We happened to be on our trip over my birthday. We woke up that morning and the girls went to get pedicures and the guys went golfing. We met up for lunch and then after that all the couples kind of did different things. I really wanted to explore balboa Island and see some more of the area so Chris and I headed out for a little day date just the two of us. We had lots of fun being with our friends but I think this was the highlight of my trip. It was fun to be somewhere new doing something out of the ordinary for a date. :) 

we rode the ferry and it was pretty neat. 

we went to check out a different stretch of the beach from the pier. it was so pretty. 

we had to go get a famous balboa bar. 

he is so much fun! We laughed a ton and just had a good day walking around and people watching. He was constantly asking me if i'm doing okay and if I needed anything. I was pretttttttty swollen being 33 / 34 weeks pregnant so that was tough, but it was totally worth it. 

my sweet friend lauren gave me these for my birthday.

out to dinner for my birthday! everyone let me choose the food the whole day and it was pretty fun for me to scour the internet and read lots of reviews. I found this fun seafood restaurant on the bay and the view was awesome. Chris called and made the reservation and told them it was my birthday, which I told him not to... 

but it resulted in this amazing dessert so I couldn't even be mad. And they didn't sing, so win win! 

we shared a table with these two and we had some great laughs, they are a good time. 



our last full day... we decided on a full day at the beach and then a whale watching tour. 




the tour was fun, but we didn't see any whales... bummer! 

I just had to get to the beach one last time to watch the sunset. So we did. :) I loved it so much, it was so peaceful for me. I didn't realize how much I needed it. 


I'm so grateful we were able to go and spend that time together! It was a great trip, one for the books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment