BOY!
everyone was a little shocked.. but Kinley.
This was more of a unique experience for me than our other two babies. With Kinley and Ellie I was positive they were both girls. No real reason just a feeling I guess, with this pregnancy I wasn't sure. I always assumed girl just because thats all I knew. I have always had a strong feeling Chris and I would have a son someday, but I figured maybe the next one... but I really wasn't sure. I think Chris kind of felt the same way I did, but not Kinley! She was positive from the day we told her we were having a baby that it is a boy. It wasn't until I had the most vivid dream about a baby girl, she looked kind of like Kinley did. I held her and rocked her in my dream, and this was a first for me. I've never dreamed about my babies like this before and this sealed the deal for me. I was positive baby was a girl... I was happy about it. Going into the ultrasound we were just excited to see baby, but we really didn't think too much of it! As soon as they put the little doppler on my tummy the tech said "Oh, were going to get a good look at the gender right away because baby has it's legs open. *slight pause* that is a penis." We all stayed silent and my head started to spin. Wait, what? All I said was "wait, seriously?" "yes, thats a boy!" "you're not kidding, it really is?" "Its most definitely a boy!" I got tears in my eyes, I really couldn't believe it. Chris had a big smile, he was perfectly happy with anything. He had said he just wants a healthy baby, but I knew he was excited to even the score just a little bit. My thoughts almost felt jumbled, what was I supposed to do with a boy?!! What about my baby girl? Everything looked great with baby and we sat there for about an hour checking everything out and we were able to collect our thoughts a little bit. :) As soon as we left the hospital we called our parents and siblings and it was so fun to tell our exciting news to everyone one by one. Everyone was so sweet and excited, and Kinley was happy to tell everyone the news but she made sure to let everyone know that she knew it was a boy the whole time. We can't wait to add brother to our clan!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment