Friday, April 15, 2016

sod!!

the day finally came..... we had been trying to get sod before it got too hot. It just wasn't going to be ready in Kanab for awhile. Chris had been working so hard to have everything done with our yard and we were just waiting.. Chris and Jeff decided to go pick up their sod from Hurricane. They were going to the Stotts first to lay it and then to our house. Mikelle and I planned some treats for the helpers / wives. Chris called me when they were leaving Hurricane and he was so worried they weren't going to have enough help. I texted quite a few people looking for help. I just knew we were going to have a better turn out than Chris anticipated. 


There was 12 people here helping!!! I felt tears come to my eyes as I watched so many good friends drop everything to come give Chris a hand. 





Beautiful Mikelle, one day before having her twins. She is amazing. :)

ALL DONE! They laid our whole back yard in about 30 minutes, we couldn't believe how quick it went. 







After everyone left Chris got the sprinklers on and we just sat out there and stared at our yard. I went back on my blog to find a picture of our back yard when we moved in. Chris has this vision of our back yard, we didn't always see eye to eye on everything but everything turned out perfect. I got teary eyed as I told Chris I've just never had that "home" feeling in any house since living in my house in oregon 8 years ago, until now. I truly feel like this house is home. It's such a good feeling, we can't wait to make more memories as a family and with friends in our back yard. Chris has spent countless hours perfecting things in our landscaping (not to mention a good chunk of money. ) :) So glad to have it done, and just enjoy it now. Bring on summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment