Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Winter!

It's finally started to feel like winter in Kanab, after months of complaining and running around barefooted. I couldn't be more pleased! I love the snow, but I forgot how much I hate being cold. We have had a wonderful few months together, we've celebrated and played a lot. I can't believe just how fast the last few months have gone. Feels like just yesterday summer was coming to a close, now were mid - winter and getting close to baby's arrival! yikes. I will get into that more later.

We spent Thanksgiving at my parents, it was our first Thanksgiving as a married couple, the year before I stayed in Orem to work and he went home to be with his family (& work.) Anyway, it was really really fun. I made my first home made pies, all by myself. I felt really proud because it was something I've never done before. I hate to admit that after dinner I was one of those people that I swore I would never be, I went shopping at 8pm. Not only that, but I raced a guy to get the last xbox / kinect combo. Oh well, it was worth it! (And I did end up with the xbox.)
---
I mentioned previously, but we went Christmas tree shopping at the beginning of December. I think we found the perfect tree, especially since we went to the Arizona strip to find one. Where the options are slim. :) It was meant to be, and seeing my tree everyday has made me so happy. It is the most perfect first tree I could have ever hoped for. Even though it has dripped a bit of sap on our carpet & I kept finding lady bugs in the house for the first few days I still love it. I don't want to take it down!
---

We had the pleasure to go to the Brigham City temple when Kyla went through for the first time, it was so special and such a good day! It was fun to be in the temple with so much family. That temple is absolutely beautiful inside & out. We felt very blessed to be able to have attended that day and share that special experience with them.
---
After the temple we headed for Idaho, that next morning Jerm, Kyla, Chris, and myself went to the Idaho Falls temple. It was really fun to go 2 days in a row and I'm so glad we did, I feel like I learned more in those two days than I ever had in all my times attending. I felt very grateful for those experiences. Later that day my mom and I threw a bridal shower for Kyla. After the shower Jerm & Kyla had their open house. I loved planning her shower, we had such a good time getting everything ready. We are so very excited for Kyla to be apart of our family and for the wedding in two days!

This photo cracks me up, this was after the open house. Teagan was walking on Chris' back and Jayden in the background fixated on the ipad. So so cute. I look so pregnant.
---

Chris and I stayed in Kanab for Christmas to be with his family, we decided to open some of our presents on the 24th. Chris worked a half of a day and then when he got home we opened everything under the tree.
(he knew what was coming next)
after we opened our presents we packed our bags and headed to the Heaton's! Chris' sister Amy and her husband came down to be at their parent's for Christmas, it was so fun to hang out them. We are blessed with such fantastic family. Chris' mom (santa) left Christmas jammies for us! We all matched and it was so very cute. 

His mom made yummy soup, and we read the story of Jesus birth in the scriptures. After that we sang carols and just talked, I love their family traditions. I think I lucked out to marry into such a wonderful family. The next morning we opened presents from Kirk & Carol, after I had finished opening all my gifts Chris said "Cassie's turn" and I said "No, I'm all done." then he said "No you're not, you have one more in the tree. go find it." So I walked around and saw a little stocking with a ring box in it. He spoiled me once again! He bought me the most beautiful band to go with my ring AND totally surprised me! I think it's pretty hard to surprise me but Chris does it time & time again. He is so so sweet and so thoughtful, I am not sure how I got so lucky. He is always thinking of me first and he would do anything to make me happy and see me smile. I need to try and be more like him! He is the best ever. We spent the rest of the day relaxing, and spending time with his family. It was a great Christmas with my love.
---

I am almost 30 weeks pregnant! Can you believe it?! In just 7 and a half weeks I will be full term and be able to have baby girl anytime. I was able to go to a ultrasound a few weeks ago, and it was so CRAZY. It had been over a month since I've last seen her and she looks like a real baby now, the last few times I went she was looking sort of alien-ish but she is weighing about 3 pounds and looks very very healthy. The tech kept the picture on her face so I could watch her, she had her face turned towards us and she was blinking her eyes and moving all around. I will admit, I did get a little a teary eyed. This made it all so real and I just realized how blessed we are to have her and how much I already love her. She is still extremely active I feel her all day and night. Her kicks are getting really really hard, and I think she is starting to feel squished. I will wake up in the night because she is stretching or pushing her bum out. My stomach will get hard and I can feel where she is, it's so crazy. I'm getting to the "I'm really really uncomfortable stage." Still suffering from sleep deprivation and being on my feet too long absolutely kills me. We just cannot wait until she gets here!
---

I feel so grateful for the past year, and for all that we've been given. We're all healthy and life is going smoothly, that's all I could have asked for this year. I'm looking forward to the new year and for what is in store for our family. I hope that all of you, our family and friends, have had a wonderful Christmas and holiday season. Here is to a new year and new beginnings! 

2 comments:

  1. I love your posts Cassie! You are so cute pregnant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say how cute your new background and picture are! I love them and you and love your posts. You give me motivation to update my blog. :) Love you both!

    ReplyDelete