Thursday, February 7, 2013

It's been too long.

We've had a busy past month, and I've neglected my poor blog once again. I'm sitting here regretting not keeping this up to date with all of our changes. I will be 36 weeks pregnant on saturday! I'm finally feeling like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. In some ways pregnancy has gone so fast and I can't believe how soon our baby will be here, then I think about when I actually found out I was pregnant. (second week of June) Wow, that almost feels like a lifetime ago. I am so grateful for all the time we've had to prepare though, I feel like having our baby grow inside me has brought Chris and I even closer together. He is literally the best ever. I know I am always saying how "grateful and blessed I am to have him" but I am! On monday I started having contractions really close together (7 minutes) and they were consistent. Needless to say, I kind of started to freak out and run around to pack my bag for the hospital and Chris said "Cass, you need to lay down and relax. It's okay." I'm thankful he brings me back to reality. I laid down, put a pillow between my legs, he held my hand, and what do you know.. they stopped and I drifted off to sleep. Only to be awaken in the middle of the night by another intense contraction, I was still really sleepy but I made a noise and Chris put his hand back on my stomach and left it there. It was exactly the reassurance I needed to know that he is there & that I'm okay. Baby girl is very much ready to make her debut, I think she is completely done with me. I haven't been having consistent contractions like I did on Monday, only random ones here and there which is normal. I had my weekly appointment with the doctor today, we talked about when I need to go into the hospital for her delivery or things I should be looking for. She has "dropped" and her head is down near the birth canal, her heart beat is still going strong and everything looks / sounds good. He showed me where her head is and I can't believe how low it is, but it makes total sense seeing as how I get up 3-5 times a night to use the restroom. The doctor told me that they don't try and stop labor after 36 weeks (sat) because they are usually at a healthy weight and all should be well. It's crazy to think she will be here in the next few weeks! I had one of my baby showers two weeks ago that my darling best friends threw for me in Orem. Chris was able to go snowboarding with a few of his best friends during the shower, which was a ton of fun for him. We are so blessed with the greatest friends and family on the earth! Chris' mother & sister are throwing a shower for me on Saturday here in Kanab, this little baby is already so spoiled and we are overwhelmed by the generosity of those that surround us. We only have a few little things left to do but we are ready for baby to be here!








1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted pictures from the shower! I have ZERO. I'm so glad you are so close to having the baby and I can't wait to meet her! Maybe we can make it down for spring break or something. Then we can JUST DANCE all day. ;) haha
    Love you three!

    ReplyDelete