Thursday, October 11, 2012

self worth.

I was studying the scriptures and I happen to read one of my favorite scriptures, D&C 18:10- "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God." Which is quite simple but, it's always made me feel such reassurance. I found a lot of comfort in this scripture while in Ecuador. I immediately went to look through pictures of my time there.


I love all my orphan babies but it was something about this group of girls that really changed my life. Maybe it's their age, or that I automatically felt at home with them. I was their sister, and I always looked forward to Saturdays so that I could spend the day with them. All of these girls situations are less than ideal. They have been neglected & abused, they have felt fear, loneliness, and hurt. They don't understand what the worth of their soul is to our Father in Heaven. I believe they made more of an impact on my life than I did theirs. I still pray for them, and worry for their well being. What I would give to just go spend one more saturday with them! I love my current life and I feel like my mission now is to build my family, but I definitely look forward to the day where we are all reunited in love. I'm so grateful for my experience in Ecuador and the knowledge of the gospel! how blessed we are to live in this beautiful country, to practice religion freely, and to have loving parents. I hope as I become a mother, my children will know the value of their worth. 

for all of my friends who would like to learn more about my beliefs:

to learn more about volunteering in Ecuador: 


No comments:

Post a Comment