Sunday, October 7, 2012

fall camping!

Man, I love fall! I think I've mentioned that previously. Seriously though, it's my favorite. I bugged chris all summer long to take me camping. Before I start telling you all about our lovely weekend perhaps we shall flash back to our first camping trip when we were dating. I get a little embarrassed looking back. But, last fall when Chris moved back to Orem we decided to go camping in the mountains. Well, I honestly have never really "camped" in real life according to Chris. I grew up camping in a trailer and we would go all the time but apparently it's not real camping so.... a group of us went up into Provo canyon and camped out under the stars. When I got off work I called him and asked if we needed more food & his response: "Oh no, we have plenty of food." WELL we get there and there is a loaf of bread and then some sort of sausage. That was it. We found sticks to cook them on, and I'm not a huge fan of sausage but thats okay, I didn't say much. It was my first time going to the bathroom outside and that was extremely hard for me too. I froze all night, literally shivered and felt like I was going to die. The next morning we had bacon and pancakes which were good. Then we decided to hike up a mountain to find some waterfall. Well, we start hiking and it was quite warm so I was sweating like crazy, hiking straight up a mountain. I remember Chris saying something to me and I freaked out, broke out in tears crying, my hands were swelling from the elevation and only eating sodium the night before and I was just not having fun. I wanted to go home and I will admit I was being a huge baby. Chris and I decided right then that we probably wouldn't go camping again for awhile. :) Oh, and after hiking for about 3 hours (straight up a mountain) we stop walking and realize, we can't hear water anymore and we've gone the wrong way to the supposed waterfall, so we turned around! I blog this mainly for memories and to give everyone a laugh. Also to prove I have come a long way from the city girl I was a year ago. Needless to say, I think Chris was slightly hesitant to go camping this summer. We were both scarred from that experience, but I will admit... Chris saw some of my true colors that day. There have been no surprises since we've been married with my moods. :) love him and his patience.


Fall camping September 2012 - Cedar Mountain

I was really really excited this time though, we had my tent and had bought matching camping chairs. It would be an adventure and Chris is the best with adventures. He always goes above and beyond to make sure we have the best time no matter what we do. We originally planned to go on a Friday night but Chris got home thursday and said "Cass, lets go tonight." So, we hurried as fast as we could to pack all of our stuff and he ran to the store to get the food. I trusted him this time, and I knew he would get something a little more "cassie friendly." I hurried and packed all of our stuff and we were gone within an hour. We had heard about a spot where one of Chris' friends had camped before, but Chris had never been there so we just started driving and it was so fun. We just turned the music up, sang our hearts out, took pictures and just drove. We hoped to get there before sun down so we could get the tent up.

the sunset was so pretty.


our home for the evening. 
I didn't freeze too bad! 




He did well with the food selection.


like his knife? haha that was our spatula.
we forgot one :)


yummy. he's a pretty good cook


we packed up camp and started the rest of our adventure.


we walked down to the river that we had camped by, it was SO pretty. 

I love him.



I kept saying "Chris look at those trees! oooh look at that one!"


It was beautiful. 


We just drove all over, talking, laughing, getting stuck in traffic,
 we basically drove the whole day just seeing a lot of Southern Utah.

It was a lovely weekend, and we just had so much fun. It was nice to get out 
and just drive with no where really to be or anything to do. I'm definitely already looking forward to next spring for all of our camping adventures. Although, baby will be here so this looks like it will be our last camping adventure with just us two. :) Couldn't have asked for a better weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment