Sunday, April 1, 2012

sunshine & smiles.

Can you believe Chris & I have already been married over three months? Crazy. It seems like time has just flown by, but it also seems like it was forever ago that we were wed. Regardless, it's been the best 3 months I could have ever asked for or anticipated for. The last few weeks have been very exciting and a lot has happened but we will start with:

Two of my best friends from Oregon, Heather & Halli bought a plane ticket to come out and see me for a week, so I took a couple days off and I decided I would try to make the most of their visit and pack as much adventures as I could in the time that they are here. When they got here we went out to lunch downtown and then just spent the rest of the day talking and relaxing. The next morning I wanted to show them Park City. We shopped for part of the day and they asked if we could go visit the great salt lake. I've never been right up to it before, but I wanted to go see it too. So we drove about an hour until we got to the salt flats. It was such a nice day, and it is so beautiful out there! I was shocked.

Definitely a recommendation if you've never been out there. :)
---
that night we all wanted something different done with our hair, both of them wanted bangs and I just needed mine dyed. I've never cut bangs before (beside my own) and definitely not straight across bangs. So, I was a little nervous but they reassured me I would do a good job and if it didn't look good "it was just hair & it's grows back." It was so fun! I really do love cutting hair, even if I am inexperienced. 

thankfully, it turned out super cute though.


While this was all taking place Chris was in Southern Utah helping his dad on the ranch. That night before bed at about 12pm Chris called and we were talking about what we were going to do the next day and Chris was like "You girls should get up super early & come brand cows with us tomorrow." Being my natural self I was in as long as the girls were, I knew it would be a good opportunity to have them see southern Utah and northern Arizona where the ranch is. I asked the girls and they were just as excited as I was, so we woke up at 5am the next morning and drove five hours down to Chris' parent's house. I was a little nervous because in my mind I was terrified to see the things they do when they brand them, but it wasn't nearly half as bad as I anticipated. The girls agreed with me, which is a good thing because I thought it would scar me for life, but it was such a good experience & fun too.
how many other girls can say their husband is a true cowboy? :)

we waited patiently. 



heather gave the babies their vaccines so they wouldn't get sick :)

we were dirty, burnt, and tired. but having fun.
of course, I got pooped on and of course I put my hand in it. ew.

Believe it or not I helped out a little, I mainly just counted how many males or females there were. I would also help untie them, but I promise I pet all of them and gave them hugs. They liked it, I bet. 
he threw some dirt on the poop. sweetheart.
we ended the day with a little ride.
....and me almost being bucked off because of my screaming. 
I will learn my lesson soon enough.
---
It was a fun day overall and it was nice to get some sun too. 
I now know what I have coming for the rest of my life. :)


---
we decided the next morning we were going to bryce canyon
 so the girls can see more of the pretty red rock-

i absolutely loved it here, can't wait to return and hike this whole place.
---
Halli and Heather both wanted to visit temple square because they both have never been so Chris and I took them for a little tour on sunday. Chris gave us a ton of information and background on the church. I think I fell in love with him all over again as I listened to him speak about the past of the church. I love how passionate he is about it. how blessed I am to have him as mine. :) 
It's kind of hard to tell but when we went to take a picture
he picked me up and took a picture with me hanging on him.
i love him!

That was pretty much the main events of the week, I had such a wonderful time having the girls here. It was so nice to be able to just catch up and relax for a week. It was sad to see them go, but I'm looking forward to our next reunion. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment