Thursday, February 28, 2013

our baby girl is coming!

Well, I figure I better update this one last time before I have this sweet little thing. Baby isn't due for a little more than a week but I had my "39 week" check-up today, and after he checked me he said "you're having a baby!" I got excited because I thought he meant like, right then, & that he was going to send me to labor and delivery. :) But, no.. He said that he doesn't think I will go past the weekend without going into labor, which was such a relief to hear. We have almost made it! I know a pregnancy is technically 40 weeks and I'm so grateful she is completely healthy and that we're both doing well, but the last few days have been pretty hard on me. Every day I have been having contractions and I feel like I will get so close to active labor only to have my contractions completely stop. I've had intense false labor once and contractions getting as close as 6 minutes apart and I've been getting my hopes up only to have another day go by without going into labor. I've never had something consume my mind, thoughts, dreams, or conversations in my life! Needless to say, yesterday I was feeling a little down after the previous night of only getting less than two hours of sleep from being up from contractions and pains. I tried to take a nap and wasn't very successful, it was just an overall rough day and I was feeling sad. So I text Chris and said "Can we go on a date? like out to dinner one last time before baby?" Of course he said yes, and he took me to yummy mexican food and I felt better. So after my appointment this morning I felt like there was hope again! :) I guess maybe its the hormones but it was getting really hard having people constantly call and check up only to keep repeating myself & remembering that I wasn't remotely close to labor, no contractions, no pains, and that everything is still the same. Although, I am so incredibly grateful for our wonderful friends & family who have been so attentive, concerned, and supportive these last few months and last few days. I have been overwhelmed in a good way by everyone that has kept tabs on us and our little one, I am grateful for all the support I just had to have my one pity party day. :) We are so very excited for her to be here, and to start our little family. Today, after the doctor told me I have only a few more days left (if that) I came home and thought to myself "what should I do?" So, I took a quick little nap, went on a walk, grocery shopped, and cleaned my house. Thats the best I could come up with! We are also looking very forward to spring / summer time over here. It's starting to warm up again & it feels so good to crack the windows and let the cool breeze in during the day. Thank you again to all of our friends & family for everything! All the calls, texts, well wishes, and such! we love you all and can't wait to update on her arrival and write her birth story! Hope you all enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment