Tuesday, January 31, 2012

saturdays in love.

2 saturdays ago Chris and I decided we would go to the temple. We hadn't been back since we were married because we had been so busy, we didn't have anything going on so we blocked out the whole day to go. We wanted to go to SLC, so we got up and hurried to make the 12 o'clock. When we got to Temple square there weren't many cars out, so we were pretty excited and confused on why there we're parking spots so close. We didn't complain, we grabbed our bags and ran out into the pouring rain. The area was so desolate but we kept going, we finally got there and all the gates were shut! The temple was closed for renovations! I'm sure all the passerby's we're laughing at us. So, I asked Chris to give me a tour of the state capital building where he is working during this year's session. I cannot believe how beautiful the state capital is. I was astonished by it, Chris gave me all the facts and run down of the building. 
even the outside is beautiful
It's all real marble. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. :)
--
We decided after this to go to the Jordan River temple instead and we went and did a session there, it was a beautiful temple. It was also fun to cross that temple off our list, we want to do a session in all the Utah temples. :) Oh, and when we came out.. it was pouring SNOW. You gotta love Utah's weather. 
I love Saturdays with my love. :)


1 comment: