A few weeks ago Chris and I went to Kanab for a long weekend to go work on the ranch. I always knew what Chris did from what he's explained to me but I've never seen it all first hand. It was so fun to see him in his "natural element." Cows needed to be moved and so I decided I would go with Chris all day on a horse to move them with him. It was my second time on a horse, but it was so fun. Definitely different then what I'm used to, but I better get used to it cause I have a lifetime of doing this. I now see why Chris love's his ranch so much, it's so beautiful.
We drove around the first day to check on everything.
Chris took me for a ride then he jumped off and told me to drive.
First time driving a tractor :)
I helped him flood irrigate the field. He gave me his huge
jacket and HUGE rubber boots for me to wear. I felt like a child in this outfit.
if the horse even started going a little quicker than a walk I would make him stop or slow down.
So, once I started feeling comfortable Chris had me trot and once I felt comfortable with that he had it start taking bigger strides ( I forgot what its called) but I was laughing it was so fun, so we kept going and then it started to go a little faster so I screamed and dropped the rains and held on to the saddle for dear life and I was screaming "Chris, stop the horse, stop the horse!" haha it was soooo funny! That was the last time I did anything more than a trot on that horse. Progression, I guess. :)
--
All in all it was a really fun weekend, it's so beautiful in Kanab.
Makes me more excited to have it eventually be my home.
This is a great post. We can't wait to come visit you guys in Kanab. :) If/When we retire there, save the lot next to you for us to build our house, ok? Kanab really is beautiful, isn't it? I wish it wasn't so in the middle of no-where... I might be able to live there if it was closer to things... so glad you have a blog, keep it up! :)
ReplyDelete