We noticed Kinley getting a cavity between her front two teeth a little while ago, we were in between insurance and it took forever to figure everything out. Once her dental insurance came through I made an appointment with a dentist in stg I've never been too. Here we are right before Kinley's appointment.
She was pretty nervous. But, she had nothing to worry about. The office was great and Kinley had fun!
while we were there, the dentist said her cavity is really bad. Borderline root canal, he told me there is a 20% chance they will have to pull the teeth. He told me they would put her under anesthesia to have the procedure done too. It was all really quick and a ton of info and then we were gone. Her teeth kind of chipped while he was working on it. We made the appointment for a week later so Chris could come, we had to be in saint george at 6:15.
I was literally sick for a week thinking about it, I researched as much as I could, I prayed fervently, Chris and I had many conversations and I just couldn't help myself from being so worried about the whole situation. I wondered if she would have front teeth for her third birthday, I worried about the dentist and how much I trusted him with my daughters mouth. Finally I told Chris I just wished I could take her to my dentist in Idaho Falls, and I said maybe I should call him. Chris told me to do it, so I did. When I called him I explained the whole situation and he said it all sounded pretty normal and standard procedure. He told me to have the x-rays emailed to him anyway, just to be sure. Then he asked out of curiosity who the dentist was, once I told him he told me he went to dental school with Dr. Scholzen and he trusts him 100%. My heart was so calm and settled, and I knew right then all would be well. I had accepted the possibility of her losing her teeth, and knew if she did it wouldn't matter.
We woke up at 4:20 to be there in time! We were in stg before the sun came up!
he was a little tired. we waited over two hours...
finally she was out! She was so loopy, and tired. All went well, he fixed her teeth and they looked great. Chris held her while she was waking up.
It was so hard watching her, she would throw up, then fall back asleep.... then throw up. It was rough.
She was so funny on the way home, still loopy... She just sat there and tapped her new balloon.
:)
love her!
When we first got home, she was still pretty out of it. She tried to stand up and get off the couch and fell over! poor girl. but, not too long after that she was running wild!
I kept trying to get her to just lay down and watch movies, but she just couldn't sit too long! She amazed me by how tough and brave she is!!











No comments:
Post a Comment