I've waited to blog about this until things were a little more solidified, but we are buying a house! A brand new home at that, and we are so excited! We have had a crazy few months (year) trying to decide how things were going to work out. The home we were renting was up on the market and had been for awhile, Chris and I knew that the home would probably sell fast because the market in Kanab had picked up. We had shown the house off and on for a year and we knew it wouldn't be long after the owner had lowered the price of the home. Sure enough, our landlord text Chris and I the day after we got home from the hospital with Ellie and told us our home had sold. I was angry, and emotional at first. I knew I shouldn't be, but it felt like "our" home and I had a brand new baby. Chris and I had been searching for a home to buy for months, we had looked at pretty much everything in town. We were looking at about a home per week. We were so frustrated because nothing was working out and I pretty much hated everything we looked at, and the homes we absolutely loved were just too far out of our price range. My friend Jen text me one day and told me about a spec house being built in town, she told me where it was. At first I kinda shrugged it off because I was tired of looking at beautiful homes that wouldn't be mine. The owner of the home actually called Chris and told us to come take a look at it, I of course loved the house but didn't think much of it. We talked a lot about this house and things just started to fall into place and work out with the home, we gave the owner a offer (a bit lower than his asking) and he accepted! The home was in the process of being finished when this was all taking place, so we were able to make a few decisions and kind of finish the home how we wanted. Our home is in the final few stages of being done, and we should be closing in a week and a half. We are so excited to be moving into our own home, and the fact that we will be rooted their for awhile just feels good. Through this whole process, of knowing the home we were renting would be selling and not knowing where we would be going (there are absolutely NO rentals in town) was really really hard for me. I felt like our family was going through a lot of change as it was especially adding a new baby. Chris and I talked a lot, and I asked him numerous times "what are we going to do?" He always replied, that "Heavenly Father will provide a way for our family, and things will work out for us." I'm grateful for his faith and I know this was a huge lesson for me, I have learned to be more faithful, to be patient and the power of prayer is very really. Even in situations like buying your first home!
front room.
living room.
kitchen
back yard.
hall bath.
hall.
bedroom #2 closet.
granite going in!!
hall bath granite.
master bath (Chris')
master bath (mine.)
kitchen granite!
sink!
tile going in the laundry room.
hall bath tile.
kitchen with flooring in!
It's been fun watching the progress of the home.
we have carpet!!
master shower tile is in
laundry room grouted and all done! :)





















No comments:
Post a Comment