Sunday, June 22, 2014

flying home.

Yikes.. this was the most stressful part of the whole two weeks! The original plan was for me to fly from IF to SLC to STG where I left my car and I would drive to meet Chris & his parents in Hurricane then we would head up the state to Heber where Chris had meetings for the rest of the week. So when I checked into the Idaho Falls air port, they notified me that my flight was delayed but only by ten minutes because the plane was late getting in. I didn't think it was a big deal but once we got into the plane we were almost twenty minutes later leaving than when we were supposed to be. Once we were up in the air the pilot come on the over head and said the flight was going to be pretty bumpy and they didn't want anyone out of their seats for anything. The flight was indeed very bumpy, there was a lot of turbulence and there were high winds and it was snowing in high elevation in Utah. They pilot came on again and said he actually needs to slow the plane down and the flight would be a little longer than expected. The flight took over an hour when it was only supposed to be about 30 minutes, when I got off the plane I realized my next flight was boarding right then. Unfortunately I was on the complete other side of the airport so I had run as fast as I could with Kin in my arms across the whole air port, as soon as I got to my next gate the worker told me I had missed the plane and that the could send me to Cedar City right then. I called Chris and we decided I would just stay there and he would go get my car and meet me in slc. I called my sister in law Kyla and she came and picked me up and took us to her house for us to hang out, we watched movies and ate dinner. Chris and I talked again after he FINALLY got my luggage from the air port in STG and we decided that it was going to be very late by the time we got to Heber and we thought maybe I needed to get a ride to meet him in Orem but Chris had Kin's car seat because it was checked on the plane. So, my SWEET sister in law Sarah came with her infant car seat and picked us up from the Avenues, drove us to Orem and sat and waited with us until Chris got their after midnight, she is sooo sweet and my heart felt really full that we had family close by and that they were all so willing to do whatever is necessary to help us. We love you guys! We finally met up with Chris after a long week, it was so good to see him again! :)

waiting to board in IF.


No comments:

Post a Comment