Sunday, November 11, 2012

playing catch up. again.

I am now 23 weeks pregnant (yesterday) and I feel large, and I know I will only get bigger and more uncomfortable, but I can't help but laugh at myself as it takes me more then one attempt to roll out of bed, or grunting as I bend over. I  am still feeling great, which is such a blessing. I have all my energy usually until the end of the day where my body just wants to crash & not move ever again for ten years, but I love the feeling of exhaustion (at the end of the day). I started feeling her move a couple of weeks ago, and it was a rare feeling. Now I feel her all day and especially at night. The last couple of days I have felt more kicks towards my tail bone which I never even knew was possible, but I mainly feel her up in my belly. If I ever get into a position where she is not comfortable she makes it very known. She will literally go crazy, it makes me laugh and sometimes I will stay like that for just a bit so I can feel her move. It never gets old to me, every little kick gives such reassurance. Chris also felt her for the first time a couple days ago! Anytime we were just sitting I would make sure his hand was on my tummy the whole time just in case, and every time I would feel movement I would yell "DID YOU FEEL THAT? WHAT ABOUT THAT? THAT TIME? YOU HAD TO HAVE FELT THAT." He usually never felt it, but he would always keep his hand there probably just to keep me happy. :) He finally felt her though! We have our next appointment on tuesday. We just love our little baby, and we both look forward to the day where we hold her & kiss her little nose. I feel so blessed to be a mother, and to feel a life grow within me. It's such a miracle, one I will never take for granted.
----------

On the fourth marked ONE YEAR since Chris asked me to be his wife! Next month will be our one year anniversary, which is so crazy! It's been such a fast year, but I hear every year just gets faster & faster. I can't help but reminisce on all of the feelings I had last year at this time as I was preparing to marry my sweetie, I was experiencing a deep level of love for the first time & it's only grown stronger everyday since.


love love love you, sweetie.
----------

My darling parents came to Kanab to visit us about a month ago, it was so fun! We rode the four wheelers all weekend and it was so beautiful. I didn't want them to leave, I was hoping it would be enough to convince them to move down here. :) but, no such luck! They are Idahoians for life now! I just love both of them and I am forever grateful for their good examples.

----------

We've also had the pleasure to go to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon a few times this summer. Chris' sister Amy, her husband Travis, and their exchange student Silvia from Italy came down for a visit. So those 3, chris, myself, and Kirk (Chris' dad) all went to the North Rim. Kirk knew of a side lookout called Point Sublime. He said it was kind of a long drive but it was worth it. Honestly, in my mind I thought "not worth it" because I am a hormonal pregnant woman, but it was SOOO worth it. It was the coolest look out EVER. It took your breath & also made you realize how small you are. It was so fun & relaxing. Such a fun day!


----------

Basically, life is fantastic. We are blessed immensely, and we couldn't ask for more than what we have right now. It's been a wonderful first summer and fall of marriage, and we're looking forward to the next few months to conclude our first year of our lives together. (Also, I can't help but giddy over the holidays. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Thanksgiving & Christmas. So does everyone though.) Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend with the ones you love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment