Wednesday, August 22, 2012

the perfect summer

Like I mentioned previously, I am looking forward to the fall. Chris and I have had a great summer though, it seemed as if we were always on the go. I am now almost 12 weeks pregnant, and entering my second trimester. (phew) I wasn't sure if we were going to make it, but I've finally started feeling like myself again. :) There's just something about dry - heaving at the sight / smell of food, or while brushing my teeth that just doesn't do it for me. Or maybe about being completely exhausted and not being able to sleep at night, but being pregnant is such a miracle. The thought that our bodies were designed to grow life and to carry it too, is just miraculous. A couple weeks ago I went to our doctor appointment and after talking with the doctor for awhile, he said let's just take a look at the baby and see how it's doing. This was the second ultrasound I was able to get and it was so great. It had grown so much in the last few weeks. I was able to see the profile of baby, it's eyes, nose, and arms moving around. Also, a very very strong heartbeat. I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time. It made it all too real at that point! I still can't believe how amazing it is, we're already counting down the weeks / months until baby gets here. Going through the pregnancy so far has been just what our relationship needed, it's really brought Chris and I even closer together. I feel as if it's just more "cement" in our relationship. We're so grateful for our baby and all of these new experiences, we are looking forward to whats in store for our little family. 
this is a recent photo of me, just barely starting to poke out!

 I couldn't ask for a bigger blessing in my life, for both Chris & baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment