Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Jerm & Ky get engaged, Shell's shower, Len's return!

Well... this took place about a month ago. Where has the time gone? I cannot believe it's already mid August, and as much as I love the summer I am so looking forward to the fall. Not only because it's my favorite season by far hands down, but being pregnant my body temperature is probably about 20 degrees hotter. (I will get back to this in one of my next few blog posts.) So, I will mainly be doing a picture catch up. This was basically my favorite trip to Oregon of all time, for many reasons but the main reasons being My favorite brother & soon to be sister in law got engaged and I was the operating brains behind it all, Rachelle had her bridal shower, and my bestest friend came home from her mission. It was such a happy reunion, the only thing missing was my sweet husband who was working his life away in the desert while I enjoyed the pacific northwest. :) what a sweet man! Well, here we go!

1. Jeremy & Kyla get engaged:


This all started on the fourth of July where I got a phone call from Jerm. He says "Cass, what do you think about me asking Kyla to marry me while we are in Oregon?" My reaction "uh, of course. I love this idea." He couldn't think of a super special way to do it though, so after many phone calls over the course of a week we came up with quite the plan. Oregon came so fast and the plan was going to take place at the beach and when we got there it kind of hit me it was happening really soon. I get quite nervous when it comes to stuff like this because I did not want to be held responsible if this didn't go as planned. Kyla had mention something at Rachelle's shower about them getting engaged sometime soon and I knew I had to say something to make her think it wasn't happening for awhile. Being the very mean person I am I responded with a serious and blank face "Kyla, you guys aren't getting married until December. Chris and I got engaged in November so you probably have quite a while until he asks you." The topic was dropped and I could tell it kind of made her sad, I felt so bad. But it totally worked she had no idea in just 2 short days she would have a rock on her finger. :) Okay, to the good stuff. We get to the beach and had a blast. We ran around on the sand, searched for star fish, and jumped on the rocks. The next day when we were planning on heading back to Portland we decided to go to the outlet malls, when we got done Jeremy had asked if we wanted to go to agate beach (which is all of favorite.) But, we said no and that we would meet them at the cheese factory later. Meanwhile we drove as fast as we could to beat them there. Rachelle, her fiancĂ© (chris), and I ran to the planned rock to set up. I was supposed to text jeremy and tell him we were done but I had no service. The wind was blowing like crazy and all the sudden Rachelle sees them down the beach slowly walking this way. Shoot! we hurried and hid after we set up and I was being super creepy and was snapping photos of them. 

This was the set up. 
Baby's breath, cute blanket, mason jars, sand, shells, roses, daisies, and a note.


on one knee. My personal favorite picture.


She said yes! So CUTE just love these two and I couldn't be more excited for them!


2. Rachelle's shower:

Her theme was "C Shell"for Chris and Shell. Clever, right? It was decorated so cute, she sure has some great friends. 





Just love her & can't wait for her wedding in September!

3. Sister Lenny comes home!

I've literally had been waiting for 20 months for her to come back to me!! Although, it did come really fast. It was a wonderful day and it was so nice to be around her again. She truly is one of the best people I know. I've missed the feeling of having a friend that I can just talk to, I mean I have so many fantastic friend's but something about being with the friend who had stuck by my side & helped me through A TON growing up and who just knows everything about me felt great. I love her & so glad she's back and that we can talk whenever we want! love you len!



There was so much that had happened during that trip, but it was a high light of my summer & I'm looking forward to OUR next trip to Oregon next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment